CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS | Update 5.23.2020
We have received a number of questions from family members about what steps we are taking at The Club at Boynton Beach in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). This is an important issue and one we continue to take very seriously.
Our focus is to ensure residents have accurate information and guidance on how they can best protect themselves. We have implemented a number of new policies to help mitigate any potential impact on them and our community.
The biggest changes you may notice include:
- Restricting visitation to essential personnel. No visitors will be allowed at this time, including family members. Resident on Hospice may have visitors.
- If you would like to request to greet a loved one by waving from the parking lot, please give The Club a two-hour notice and call 561.771.7104 to schedule. We kindly ask you to avoid requests during breakfast, lunch or dinner time.
- Stopping transportation to outside activities and events. We will still transport for healthcare related reasons.
- Minimizing large internal group events and activities.
- Eliminating external groups from visiting or holding events at The Club.
- Implementing a more intensive cleaning schedule of key common areas, elevators, railings, etc.
Anyone allowed to enter the community must wear a face mask, must pass a series of questions, must wash their hands and have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or over will not be allowed to enter.
We have an internal response team in place to monitor our efforts and stay abreast of the latest developments. We also have an experienced and knowledgeable clinical team at The Club. In addition, we are working closely with our corporate clinical experts and receive daily updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local/state health authorities.
We do not yet have a time frame for how long these preventative measures will be in place. The information about COVID-19 is evolving and we will adapt our policies and protocols as new information and recommendations are reported. Please watch our website and Facebook page for regular updates or contact me directly at the email below if you have any questions or concerns.