When you’re looking for ways to stay active, it’s likely you envision heading to the gym. Treadmills and dumbbells sometimes seem like the only way to increase your strength and flexibility and improve your overall fitness, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. At The Club at Boynton Beach, we know that the gym is only one option. Here, wellness is a lifestyle.
Our professional staff not only encourages you to exercise in our state-of-the-art, resident-exclusive fitness center, we encourage you to incorporate exercise into your daily life. Here are four ways our residents can keep moving without hitting the gym:
#1: At-home workouts
We believe the world is your gym, and anywhere can be a place for fitness, even your own home. You can swap the expensive equipment for a chair, a step stool, or even a wall. Try these simple moves in your living room:
- Chair squats to build your lower body strength
- Seated spinal stretches to help you manage back pain and build strength
- Weighted heel-to-toe steps to help you improve your balance
- Weighted shoulder raises to increase your upper body strength
- Jumping jacks or running in place to increase your heart rate
- Wall push-ups to build strength in your arms, chest, and shoulders
You’re more likely to keep up with your wellness goals when you enjoy your workouts, so it’s perfectly fine to make adjustments to when and where you do them. If you’re one of our residents, be sure to consult with our professional fitness staff to ensure your adjustments are right for you. You could be doing more harm than good.
Bonus: Because we’re a wellness-focused community, you can count on being able to find an accountability buddy to help you hit your workout goals.
#2: Adopt a furry friend
If you need help maintaining your motivation, a furry face with a wagging tail might just do the trick. Adopting a dog is an investment, but it’s a decision that could save a four-legged life and improve your workout routine. Local animal rescue organizations are more than happy to help you find the dog of your dreams. Dogs and their guardians like:
- Taking walks.
- Playing fetch or with a Frisbee.
- Throwing a puppy party with your neighbors’ dogs.
- Playing hide-and-seek and tug-of-war.
Bonus: The Club is pet friendly! We provide a communal courtyard complete with a dog path so you and your new tail wagger can spend the day in a well-manicured outdoor space, complete with a waterfall and a grill.
#3: Get outside
Fresh air and light exercise can go hand-in-hand when you’re looking to hit your workout goals. There are countless options to get you moving and give you something to do while you take in the beauty of nature. Make the great outdoors all yours with activities such as:
- Challenging yourself to take the stairs or walk up the hill if possible.
- Hopping on a bike.
- Playing yard games with friends.
- Attending outdoor community events with neighbors.
If you have mobility issues, illnesses, or other health conditions, getting outside may be a challenge. But you don’t have to face that challenge alone here at The Club. We can help you fit fitness into your life at a pace that makes you feel comfortable. Ask us about our fun field trips!
Bonus: Nothing beats the stunning year-round beauty of South Florida. Our residents have the opportunity to take advantage of personalized health and wellness services on site while basking in the warmth of our community and the sun.
#4: Keep moving
At The Club, we believe fitness can fit anyone’s lifestyle. Make it fit yours by setting small goals. If you’ve found the motivation, then you’ve already taken the first step toward enhancing your overall health. Incorporate small activities into your routine such as:
- Taking a brisk 10-minute walk each day. When you feel up to it, amp up your time and pace.
- Participating in a fun physical activity each day like dancing or hula-hooping.
- Trying at-home yoga once a week. There are tons of online tutorials so you can move, stretch, and gain flexibility in the comfort of your own home.
- Challenging yourself with resistance bands twice a week. Add them to your cardio routine while you’re doing jumping jacks, or warm up your arms with a quick resistance band routine while you watch TV.
Bonus: Check out our fitness classes! Maybe you’ll find a new activity you’re passionate about. Or maybe you’ll find your inner athlete.
Where Health & Wellness Meet Upscale Senior Living
No matter how you choose to stay fit, be sure to set short-term and long-term goals. Make a plan and keep moving! As a resident of The Club, Boynton Beach’s newest senior living community, you can choose from our personalized health and wellness services to help you stay motivated and stay active. Our on-site physical therapy services and fitness assessments can give you the tools you need to prepare you for your fitness journey, wherever it may start and wherever it may take you.
If you or a loved one are considering becoming a treasured member of The Club, contact us today to schedule a tour or request more information. We’re here to assist you every step of the way in making this important decision.